The magnetic fire door holder is a battery-powered device used to legally hold open internal fire doors. The device is fitted to the wall and a keeper plate is fitted to the top of the door to ensure there is no damage to the floor and to prevent door warping. The magnetic fire door holder can also be floor mounted if required.
The holder uses a magnet to hold the door open to ease access during the day, in the event of the fire alarm sounding, the door is automatically closed to prevent the spread of smoke and flames. The red button on the device allows users to manually close the door if needed.
The holder uses ‘listen and learn’ technology to record the specific sound of the building’s alarm, ensuring the doors will only close upon hearing this exact sound, rather than reacting to loud noises such as school children or vacuum cleaners. The device can be fitted to internal fire doors in less than 10 minutes. The red button on the device allows users to manually close the door if needed. This also gives battery level feedback on the LCD display.
The holder is recognised by UK Fire and Rescue Services and the London Fire Brigade, suitable for installation to BS 7273-4 Standard Actuation (Category B) and conforms to EN1155 and is CE marked.
- Digital acoustically triggered door holder
- Learns the sound of your fire alarm
- Battery powered supplied with two alkaline C cell batteries
- Easy, wire free installation and programming
- 10 minute installation
- Daily timed release option
- 200N holding force
- Suitable for doors up to power size 5
- Conforms to BS EN1155 and recognised by UK Fire and Rescue Services and the London Fire Brigade
- CE marked under the Construction Products Regulation
- EMC approved
- Not suitable for voice evacuation systems
- Polished brass and black finish also available. Ideal for prestigious buildings
- European Patent No 1799944 and UK Patent GB 2507582